Tuesday, July 7, 2015

ARC Review: Taming Lilly by Monica Murphy

Title: Taming Lily
Author: Monica Murphy
Series: The Fowler Sister #3
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: July 7th 2015 by Bantam

Summary (Goodreads):
Perfect for fans of Christina Lauren, Emma Chase, and Maya Banks, the anticipated finale in New York Times bestselling author Monica Murphy’s sexy contemporary romance series about three fiery and determined sisters with their own ideas about life and love. 
I’m in trouble. Again. And instead of facing my problems head on, I’ve run away. Far away this time, and no one can catch me—not my two younger sisters, Violet and Rose, not my father, my grandmother, or that witch Pilar who wants to take control of my family’s cosmetics company. Now I’m in Hawaii, enjoying the sun and the sand and water, where nobody knows the hot mess known as Lily Fowler. And I’m loving every minute of it.

But someone is watching me. Following me. He’s gorgeous. And soon we’re talking, and against all my instincts, I reveal bits and pieces of myself to Max. It feels good, though I know he can’t be the man for me. These sudden feelings we share are way too complicated, too fraught, too intense. 
Then everything explodes and I’m forced to return home. My intentions have always been true, but now everyone’s mad at me. I don’t know who to turn to anymore . . . except to Max. He’s who I want to trust. But I’m not so sure I should. Maybe it’s worth the risk—and what-ifs be damned. . .




My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided by publisher in exchange of an honest review**

I loved this book and I finished it in one sitting. It's a fast-paced read with lots of sexy time, family drama and a hot, dirty talking ex-militant that made me blush.

For those who've read the previous books about the Fowler sisters, you've seen few glimpses of Lily, the oldest daughter, the trouble-maker who's always partying and never cares about anybody else. In Taming Lily, we see her life away from the spotlight, the real her, the one no one gets to see. On the run from dangerous people, Lily flees to Hawaii without telling anyone and hiding her identity in hopes of not getting found yet. Then she meets Max, the sexy man sets her body on fire and who seems to see deep into her true self. They spend the next few days together, but with the both of them keeping secrets from each other, hearts are bound to be broken. But Lily is in danger and the only she can trust in Max.

I really liked Lily. She's misunderstood and no one seems to care that behind the party girl persona, theres someone who wants to be loved. Even still, she was confident in her beauty and she wasn't afraid to flaunt it. I liked the fact that she owned up to all her mistakes and the things she did throughout the years. She knew she did wrong stuff, but by the time she wanted to correct them, it was too late, so she owned it. Max is another story. I loved him. I hated him. I drooled over him. I blushed when I very rarely do, but he made it a very frequent habit. I giggled. I got teary-eyed. And I wanted to kill him. Max did not have pure intentions when he approached Lily, but what he didn't count on was their strong attraction or the fact that he would start liking her as much as he did. I wanted to kick him in a very uncomfortable place most of the time, like 'till around 75% of the book. He very rarely did the things that I wanted him to do, and behaved like an asshole. But even though he made me so angry, I could not help lusting after him or fanning myself whenever he was with Lily. He is such a dirty-talker, he puts everyone else to shame. He's an alpha-male through and through.

In Taming Lily, the whole Pilar thing is finally dealt with. She bugged me throughout the whole series and made me want to tear either my or her hair out. She is an evil, evil woman who will go to impossible lengths for what she wants. I liked that she was dealt with and I feel it should have been done a long time ago. What I didn't like so much was the fact that there was so much sex. OK, all right, the sex scenes were amazing and hot and sexy, but I felt like they took up so much space and time in the book. There were other stuff I wanted to see and find out more about, like Max experience in the military. There were mentions and glimpses but never the whole thing, and I would have loved to find that out.

All in all, this book, the whole series, is an amazing read. If you're looking for something steamy, something that will make you fall in love with assholes, then this is for you.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment