Tuesday, July 21, 2015

ARC Review: Finding Master Right by Sparrow Beckett


Title: Finding Master Right
Author: Sparrow Beckett
Series: Masters Unleashed #1
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: July 21st 2015 by InterMix

Summary (Goodreads):
Kate’s fantasies have always featured sexy, dominant, crop-wielding men, but finding one in real life was easier said than done. She’s used to getting what she wants, but the creeps that keep flirting with her aren’t her kink.

Enter Banner. His intensity scares her—he’s looking for a slave, and Kate doesn’t want to be one. But when he offers to help find the perfect Dom for her, she’s glad to have a matchmaker and protector.

Banner knows he and Kate aren’t sexually compatible, so what better way to get the tasty almost-vanilla girl out of his head than finding her a good Dom? As it becomes clear that Kate has no clue what she wants when it comes to kink, he devises a series of experiments to help her figure things out—a perfect plan, if he could stop himself from training and bedding her. Obsessing about owning a girl who wants to be free isn’t healthy. But when Banner finds the right Dom to collar Kate, how will he hand over the leash?
My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided in exchange of an honest review**

I've read some books about BDSM and dominant men, and when I started Finding Master Right, I thought it might be like the rest. I was pleasantly surprised. Banner is not how Dom men are usually portrayed in books. He wasn't serious and frowning all the time, and he didn't speak only one word commands. I really liked that about him, and so did Kate. The only problem was, he wanted a slave. She wanted to be a submissive.

Kate had no experience when it came to BDSM, she only knew she wanted it, so when her submissive friend and her dominant husband threw her a party to introduce her to other Doms, she was in. There, she meets Banner, and they hit off, but since they both want different things, he offers to train her and teach her about what being a submissive means and to find her a perfect Dom. But their attraction and off the charts chemistry makes it very hard for feelings not to grow, and soon, giving Kate to a new Master is not an appealing thought.

Banner felt very real to me. He had feelings and doubts and lost dreams. When usually its the girl checking her phone all the time to see if the guy she likes texted her, in Finding Master Right, the roles were reversed. It was Banner who checked his phone constantly and fretted over Kate not texting him. I liked that he was different in that sense, and that just because he was a Dom, didn't make him immune to human feelings or arrogant and sure of himself. He was nice and he was funny, but if you disrespect him, he will pull your hair and spank you.What I also loved about Banner was his relationship with his brother Rook. It made me swoon. I just adore a man who isn't scared of children and a is softie for them, even if said child is a teenager.

Kate was another matter. I liked her at times, but at others, she just annoyed me. She wanted to be a submissive, but she didn't want to give control and was offended by pretty much everything about the BDSM community. She run away from Banner all the time, and she just kept going back and forth between wanting to be a submissive and being offended by it all.

I loved this book. It was hawt. Like so hot I had to put the book down a few times to fan myself before I returned to reading again. The sexual tension between both MCs almost set my iPad on fire and the sex scenes made me blush. This books got to be one of the hottest read I read this year. The relationship between Master/slave was new to me and at first, like Kate I was offended and thought it was degrading, but as I read on, I learned so much about it. There was nothing scary or over the top, but enough to make it sexy and exciting.

If you're looking for a very steamy read and a Master that will turn you to mush, this book is for you.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment