Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ARC Review: Crazy for the Competition by Cindi Madsen

Title:  Crazy for the Competition
Author: Cindi Madsen
Series: Hope Springs #2
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: June 9th 2015 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

Summary (Goodreads):
The road to trouble is paved with sweet temptation… 

Always the rebel in her ultra-conservative family, Quinn Sakata dreams of quitting her dad's real-estate business and restoring the old Mountain Ridge Bed and Breakfast in her hometown of Hope Springs. Except that Quinn's not the only person bidding on it. Worse still, her competitor is her high school crush, Heath Brantley, who is all kinds of ripped, tattooed hotness...

So much for her "nice, conservative boys" rule.

Heath has his own reasons for bidding on Mountain Ridge, and he won't give in without a fight - even to the red-lipped hottie with a sailor's mouth. But when their rivalry shifts into an unexpected zing of chemistry, Heath realizes he's in deep trouble. Because it's inevitable that emotions will get involved, and he needs to keep his eyes on the prize before they both get hurt. 


My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided by publisher in exchange of an honest review**

It's been such a long time since I read a book like Crazy for the Competition! I devoured this book in one sitting.

Quinn and Heath are two different people, complete opposites, and shouldn't have crossed paths after they finished high school, but when they both set their eyes on Mountain Ridge Bed and Breakfast, their paths cross again. Soon, they are going head to head in the competition and sparks are flying everywhere. 

I really liked this book. It's everything a summer read should be, fun, sweet and cute. I had no trouble getting into this book at all, and once I started it, I couldn't put it down. Heath and Quinn are two characters that I couldn't help but love. They both are stubborn and witty and their chemistry is off the roof. They both want the bed and breakfast for their own reasons and I couldn't help but sympathies with them both and feel for them. 

This story had me oohing and aahing and giggling. I don't usually like sweet and cute romances, I often find them cheesy and boring, but not this one. Both characters were witty and sarcastic and they had me laughing all the time. I didn't find anything about them cheesy or boring and I loved how they both helped each other grow more and learn more about themselves. 

While this book is not filled with as much sex as other books in the same genre, it still kept me entertained and hot as the chemistry between Heath and Quinn developed. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a quick and light book that will turn you into a giggling and swooning mess.



No comments:

Post a Comment