Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Review: Hate F*@k by Ainsley Booth

Title: Hate F*@k
Author: Ainsley Booth
Series: Hate F*@k #1
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: February 17th 2015 by Ainsley Booth

Summary (Goodreads):
Warning: This is just the start. This doesn't end well. And it's going to get much worse before it ever gets better.

Cole:
I push her buttons. I want to push them in the good way. Dirty, up-against-the-wall, my-hand-in-her-pants kind of way.
But that’s not possible, because I’m dark and she’s light, and we both know it.
So I push her buttons in the bad way, making her hate me.  
Hailey:
If a genie granted me three wishes, I’d ask for Cole Parker to never look at me again, that I’d forget the dark promise in his eyes, and that just once, before he vanished from my life completely, that he’d push me up against a wall and fuck me.
Then I’d go wash my mouth out with soap. 
My Thoughts:

Oh my god, this book, guys. It's one of my top ten books of 2015 so far. I started this book thinking I was just going to read just the first chapter because the blurb was so intriguing and me being the curious person I am, I had to know and see what the book was about. I had an exam the day after and I needed to do some last minute cramming but instead of reading just one chapter, I ended up finishing the book and managed to do very little cramming. I honestly couldn't put this book down.

Hate F*@k is told from both Hailey and Coles POVs and follows their life as Haileys family finds themselves at the center of yet another scandal and in need of Coles PR team.


This book is the eptimote of all things hot and steamy. The sexual tension between Cole and Hailey was palable from the first meeting between them and until the last page. I don't know how many times I fanned myself or giggled at the things Cole did or said. That man can make anything sound dirty and a turn on and he didn't shy away from acting things out, even if he knew he shouldn't get naughty with a clients daughter. I loved how alpha-male and badass he was and what I loved more was how Hailey didn't just submit to him. I love alpha-males, they are my favorite type of heroes, but I find it incredibly boring and annoying when the female MC let's the male MC jerk and order her around. That was not the case in Hate F*@k. Hailey is a strong character who wants nothing to do with her attention loving family or their PR team, especially the guy who wants to drag her back into said family. Ha may be the hottest man she's ever met and she is attracted to him but she did not let him order her around and it was absolutely intertaining watching her butt heads with Cole and that aggression always turned into something so hot it made me blush.


I can't wait to read the next book in this series and I just know it's going to be as good, if not better, as the first book, especially with that ending. And yeah, I know I was warned and it's written in the blurb but man, I didn't expect it to be this big or bad. I could not believe what happened and I kept staring at the last page, hoping that more words would appear and I would find out what happens next. No more words appeared unfortunately, and now I'm holding my breath for the next book and hoping for the best for Hailey and Cole. I have a feeling this was just the beginning and things are going to get so much worse and harder.


If you like a quick and hot read with a lot of action, then Hate F*@k is the book for you.



Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment