Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ARC Review: Unafraid by Melody Grace


Title: Unafraid
Author: Melody Grace
Series: Beachwood Bay #2
Genres: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: August 27th 2013

Summary (Goodreads):
"The first time I saw her, I knew this girl was wilder than any stallion I’d ever trained. She was headstrong, wounded, passionate and free. And I had to have her…"

Brittany Ray doesn’t care about her bad reputation. Growing up in a sleepy beach town with a junkie mom and a runaway dad, Brit’s learned the hard way that the people you love will only let you down. It’s no use hoping for love or happiness. Some dreams aren’t meant for girls like her.

Hunter Covington is one of those dreams.

Gorgeous, charming Hunter is damn near perfect—and it’s killing him. Son of Charleston royalty, he’s been trapped in a gilded cage since the day he was born. Now he’s breaking free. He’s quit law school to restore his grandpa’s old horse ranch, trying to soothe the demons in his soul. But Beachwood Bay is full of old ghosts, like the mysterious girl who spent an unforgettable night with him—and then slipped away before dawn. Brit. 

Everything about her screams danger, but Hunter doesn’t care: he’s never felt a connection so deep. And try as she may, Brit can’t resist the desire consuming her —or the safety she finds in Hunter’s arms.

A reckless passion. An undeniable bond. Scarred by their pasts, Brit and Hunter fight to heal old wounds. But will dark secrets tear apart their new beginning? And when love is the biggest risk of all, can they find the courage to face the future unafraid? 




My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided in exchange of an honest review**

I really liked this book! It was sweet and cute and heartbreaking. I don't usually like sweet stories, in fact, I hate them most of the time, but I loved this one. I couldn't stop reading it and I didn't want to either.

Unafraid is about Brit and Hunter, two people from two different worlds and different families. There paths should've never crossed, but one summer and one night together changed their lives forever. Both suffering in their own way, they hold on to the memory of each other, until three years later when Hunter returns to claim what he wants most.

This book melted my heart. I loved Brit and felt really connected to her. She never felt wanted or cared for in her life, even though her brother loved her, it was different. With the whole town gossiping and disapproving of her, she puts up walls to protect herself, knowing everyone leaves at one point. Hunter is a good guy from a rich family with a great future a hold of him, yet he doesn't feel complete without Brit and his horses. He made me swoon and ohh and ahh all the time. I usually can't stand good guys in books, they bore me, but he is one of very few that I not only liked, but loved. It also helped that he was very alpha-male in the bedroom, turn things from swoon-worthy to hot and steamy in a matter of seconds. He really was the right guy for Brit, and exactly what she needed to feel loved and safe. I was close to tears reading about them more than once.

Even though I loved them together, I would have liked more insight on their night together all those years and go and more build up on their relationship three years later. They hadn't even talked with each other previous to that one night together when Brit left before he woke up, and then three years later, without seeing or talking to each other at all, they are pretty much in love and picked up right where they left off. I can't stand insta-love, and while what Brit and Hunter had wasn't insta-love, it was pretty close to it, and it took out some of the enjoyment from the book for me. When I got over that, which was somewhere around 35% of the book, I couldn't put it down and found myself drawn into their world and their feelings for each other.

I would recommend this book to anyone who isn't a fan of sappy or cheesy romance books. This book is how sweet romance should be written and I have to give it to Melody Grace, she knows to write a sweet romance without overdoing it.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment