Monday, January 12, 2015

ARC Review: Dirty Ties by Pam Godwin


Title: Dirty Ties
Author: Pam Godwin
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: January 12th 2015

Summary (Goodreads):

Revenge. 
I race to finance it. 
I evade to protect it. 
I kill to attain it. 
I planned everything. 

Except her. 
The alluring, curvaceous blonde at the finish line. 
With sapphire eyes that cheat and lie. 
Whose powerful family murdered mine. 

I hate her. 
I want her. 

I know she’s hiding something. 
But so am I.



My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided in exchange of an honest review**

This is the first book by Pam Godwin I've read, but I know for a fact it won't be the last. I've been in a very bad book slump lately that's made it very hard for me to finish a book without taking at least a day off before I continue reading and I've needed a good book to get me out of it. This was book did just that.

I won't give a brief summary like I usually do since a big part of why I liked this book is the fact that I didn't know what to expect or even the name of the characters. Somehow though, I thought it would be a dark romance book, or to be honest, I was hoping it would be one of those dark and twisted books that I just love, but Dirty Ties was not. It does contain dark elements and criminals but the romance was not that. That's the only thing about the plot and characters that I will give away.

What I can tell you is that this book will have you gasping, totally chocked and wide-eyed from the first chapter. It had my thoughts running around in my head, coming up with different scenarios of what could possibly be going on, how things would turn up and who was connected to who and in what way. I absolutely loved the fact that I had to wonder and speculate and that nothing was handed to me or revealed from the beginning. It got me so far out of my book slump that it really mad want to cry in joy. Yep, the slump was that bad. And the book was that good.

Dirty Ties is very well thought, awesomely formed and made sense in a very disturbing way. It really got me wondering about the people in the world and if everyone is what they seem and shined light on the fact that people in power should sometimes not be trusted and that they often hid awful things. I could absolutely not put the book down. I started it late at night and didn't want to stop reading it so much that I downloaded the kindle app on my phone and snuggled in bed with it. I fell asleep with my phone plastered to my cheek. Wasn't an attractive image, but when you're reading a book with hot characters and even hotter sex scenes, it's hard to put it down and get rest, because man, Pam Godwin knows hot to heat things up-in more ways than one- that I was blushing, giggling like a twelve year old and even though my room was freezing that night, I didn't need my sheets.

The sexual tension was there from the begging, and didn't stop till the last page. The attraction between our hero and hereon could be felt in the pages, making me swoon and ohh and ahh with every word I read. Yet while the chemistry between them was out of this world, I felt like they fell in love too fast before they knew each other that well.

Action-packed, scorching hot and fast-paced, this book will have you on the edge of your seat, holding on for dear life in a ride you don't want to miss.

Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment