Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #9

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.


This week I'm waiting on:

Title: The Wrath and the Dawn
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Series: The Wrath and the Dawn #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Publication: May 12th 2015 by Putnam Juvenile

Blurb:
A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.


I saw this book a few weeks ago on another blog, and I just fell in love with it. I'm not usually a big fan of retellings, but I've never read A Thousand and One Nights retelling before and I really want to know how this one will turn out.



5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this but it sounds pretty awesome! I love how it's fantasy and it has an Arabian Nights feel to it! Definitely adding it to my Goodreads. Awesome pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving all of these retellings and this one will definitely be added to my wish list. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wrath and the Dawn is my WoW for this week too :-D I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this looks intriguing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been seeing this one on the blogosphere. It sounds really good. I like retellings if they are done right.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete