Monday, October 20, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!



Hi guys! I've been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I'm so excited for this and I want to thank Momina @ Novelty Books for the nomination. 

The Rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate ten people.
Momina's Question:

1. Where are you from and what do you do beside blogging?

I'm from Sweden and right now I'm supposed to be taking a year off before I start uni to try different jobs and have fun, but I signed up for four classes that I have to finish in two months and it's pretty much taken over my life, so I'm a student I guess. Very boring, I know.


2. What was the first book you read out of your own choice; Basically what book got you hooked into the bookish world?

Twilight. Yep, I said it. I saw the movie first and back then I really liked cheesy stuff and it wasn't like anything I'd seen before, so I was hooked and then I wanted to read the books because I couldn't wait for the second movie and I loved the books so much that I reread them so many times I lost count and then I don't know how but I stumbled upon the Sookie Stackhouse series, Vampire Academy, House of Night and it continued from there.


3. What type of writing structure do you prefer; 1st person? Dual POVs?

As long as the books is well written, it doesn't matter to me if it's first person or third, but I do prefer first person mainly because it gives me a closer, more personal look inside the MC head, and I have nothing against dual POVs, in fact I like them very much, especially if it's in first person.


4. When you meet someone who is a complete bookworm as yourself, what would/do you do?

Gush about books and compare tastes and book boyfriends. I got a lot of friends because of our mutual love of books, and we're always talking about the latest book we've read and fighting over who gets which boyfriend while our other friends stare at us like freaks. It's a true story.


5. Do you aspire to become a writer in the near future? I realise that some bookworms are comfortable only with reading.

Yes. I love writing as much as reading, and I hope one day I publish something.


6. (you don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to) Rate yourself between 1 – 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest. So the question is, What number would you place yourself considering your English studies in school / college?

I don't know how it is in English speaking countries, and I think it might be different for us since English isn't our first language, so while we study some literature, it's more about learning knew words, grammar and developing our understanding and speech, much like anyone taking classes to learn Spanish or Italian or any other language. I'd like to think I'm pretty good, but if compared to an English speaking person, I'd say maybe six, seven?


7. Who is your favourite author (since forever or currently) and why?

Ah, this is a hard question. I have many favorite authors that I love, but there are few that I've adored everything they've written mainly Jennifer L. Armentrout/ J. Lynn, Colleen Hoover and Stephanie Meyer.


8. Who / What / When / Where/ Why and How, did you end up as a Book Blogger?

It was maybe two years ago, I think? I entered a giveaway to win an ARC of Sweet Peril and I was dying to get my hands on the book. One of the entries was to post a review of Sweet Evil on my blog, and since I didn't have one I just made one for the giveaway. I had no intention of continuing, but I ended up liking it, so I kept the blog and started to review other books.


9. What book are you anxiously waiting for? Whether it’s release and you haven’t had the time to get to it OR it isn’t released at all?

Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentout. It comes out tomorrow and I'm dying, just dying to get my hands on it.


10. What was the stupidest, Silliest and embarrassing thing that you have ever done or has been done to you?

It was a few years ago, and I was playing Truth or Dare with some classmates and friends and I was dared to make out with one of my girl friends and everyone was cheering and clapping and it was so very embarrassing for both of us.


MY QUESTIONS:

1. Let's start with some mild personal questions. What do you do in your free time aside from blogging?

2. Do you have a job, and is it something you love to do, or would you rather be doing something else?

3. Now, let's move to the bookish stuff. Name an author you'd read anything he/she wrote, no matter the genre.

4. If you could get said author to write any book you wanted, what would it be about?

5. What kind of books do you prefer?

6. What is more important to you, plot or characters?

7. Could you read and like a book based on plot and characters, even if you felt like the writing of the author wasn't all that good?

8. What makes you want to read a book? What is important for you to make you decide, this is a book I want to read?

9. What genre do you think isn't getting the attention it deserves?

10. Do you think authors should interact with bloggers and reviewers on Twitter and Facebook?


I NOMINATE:


Good luck guys, and have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment