Thursday, October 30, 2014

ARC Review: Rampant by Gemma James


Title: Rampant
Author: Gemma James
Series: Condemned #2
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Dark Romance
Publishing: Self-published,  28th October 2014 

Summary (Goodreads):
Life is twisted. Cruel. After being ripped from the safe haven of Rafe's arms, my new kidnapper is waging a sick game. Unable to make my body do his bidding, he's resorting to psychological warfare. He'll bend my mind until I break, and when I do, that just might be my saving grace.

I'll forge through hell to get back to Rafe, body and spirit broken and bleeding, but I'm unprepared for what I find. He's done what I can't: he's erased eight years of pain and betrayal. I don't know how to bring him back to me, because bringing him back means ripping him to shreds all over again.

RAMPANT is a new adult dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content, including sexual scenes and violence that may offend some. Intended for mature audiences. Part two of the CONDEMNED series. This is not a stand-alone read. 




My Thoughts:

**An eARC was provided by author is exchange of an honest review**

I've been dying to read this book since the moment I finished the first one, Torrent, which chose a very bad moment to end in and left us hanging. I was going crazy thinking of all the things that could happen in the second book and what possibly could go wrong and at the same time I was totally dreading reading it because I knew I should expect heartbreak.

As to not spoil this book, I will not go into what happens. You'll have to read for yourself and feel what I felt, because believe me, there is nothing that could prepare anybody to what happens. I mean, if you've read the first book, which I hope you did, then you know what happened and how things become messy. Well, in Rampant, everything becomes an even bigger mess. From the first second I started reading it, I was biting my nails and I was almost covering my eyes so I wouldn't read what was happening, but like when watching a horror movie, I could not stop. I just had to read, even if my heart was breaking with every word and I was close to tears.

Alex... my heart broke for her. Honestly, it kept breaking for her with every word and page. The things that happened to her were awful. Things just kept going from worse to even more worse for her, and while Rafe was somewhat saved from the physical pain, he was fighting his own battles. There seriously was no break for the both of them. Both were in pain, both were fighting their own demons, and both were aching on the inside. When they finally got together, they weren't spared from more hurt, instead it was doubled. Now they had each other's pain to add to the mix. I wanted to scream at the unfairness of it all. No matter what they did, there was always someone there to ruin it or want to keep them apart.

And god, I absolutely loved this book. This series is fast becoming one of my favorites. I love all the action and, god help me, even the pain. There is no moment where I got bored or felt like stopping and maybe taking a break. I was so not given a break in this book, not with how fast things were happening and the developments made, and even through all of the stuff going on and the mess, this book still managed to be hot. I loved those stolen moments between Rafe and Alex. They had me 'aww'-ing, swooning and fanning myself. Their moments felt more intense than in the first book, which is saying something since that was one level of smut and sexiness that had me melting, but the added emotional strain upped the level of hotness. Everything was more in Rampant, from the crazy to the dark and twisted, to the heartwarming. And don't get me started on the ending. Seriously. I was gaping at my iPad when I finished because I could not believe that there was no more words to read and I could not flip to more pages. To say it was a cliffhanger would be an understatement. Now I'm dying for the next book, and if this one is anything to go by, then the third will be the end of me.

Action-filled and heart-wrenching, Rampant will have you at the edge of your seat, from start to finish and then you'll be screaming for more!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment