Saturday, September 6, 2014

Promo Event: One More Chance by Abbi Glines (Reviews + Teasers)



The wait is over! ONE MORE CHANCE is here!

TitleOne More Chance
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Atria Books (September 2, 2014)
Print Length: 272 pages

Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love...

But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.


Check out Take a Chance, book 1:

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines comes the story of Grant, the sexy playboy who first captured readers hearts in Fallen Too Far
When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.
Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?



My Thoughts on Take a Chance:

I've had this book since it first came out in February but I held off reading it when I saw the reviews and how people where going on and on about the ending. I wanted to have the second book in my hands first before I started Take a Chance and I'm so very glad I did.

This book is part one of Harlow and Grants story, both of whom we've met in the previous books in the series. Harlow is the favorite daughter of Kiro, the lead singer of the rock band Slacker Demon and sister of Nan, the much-hated character in the Rosemary Beach series. When her father leaves for a tour, Harlow is forced to live in a town with a sister who can't stand her and a guy she can't stay away from.

I wasn't such a huge fan of Grant in the previous books, mostly though because of his relationship with Nan. I though pretty much like Harlow, if a guy is dating Nan or is in whatever kind of relationship with her, then something has to be wrong with him. Nan is such an immature, selfish and bitchy character that I just want to throttle her all. the. time. and in every book she made an appearance in, so I was very anti-Grant too, until I read his POV and saw why and how he got together with Nan, it didn't make it better, but I kind of understood him. Grant is a guy who was abounded by both his parents, a mom he pretty much never saw and a dad the only contact he had with was because of their work. He wanted to be loved and needed and wanted to fix things.

Harlow is an innocent and kind of insecure girl. Even though she is the daughter of a rock star, she is a good girl who likes to read books and doesn't like to party. She has that type of silent strength that she showed sometimes during book and throughout her life since the moment she was born. When she meets Grant, she doesn't want to like him. He's dating her sister after all, and on their first meeting he run when he figured out who she was, so it really shouldn't be hard to ignore him. But It is. They both don't expect their attraction or the feelings that they arise in each other, and before long they are succumbing to their feelings and holding on to each other, until a secret tears them both apart and sends them running in different directions.

Gah, I'm so glad I waited until I had the second book before delving into Take a Chance, though it was really hard not to. Abbi Glines writes the best kind of romance and the best kind of guys that just make me melt and swoon and cry. Grant was no different. He was so very sweet and so very sexy. There where times when I wanted to strangle him and then he'd go and think or do something and I'd be a mushy mess on the floor, still clutching my iPad and reading like my life depended on it.

I absolutely loved this book. There was a lot of the other characters from the first books in the series. I loved seeing Rush and Nate and Blaire and their life and how Grant and Harlow had them to count on when they needed help. I especially loved Kiro in this. He made me cry so hard and I wanted to just hug him because his story is not one I ever expected or thought was his life or how he felt.

Take a Chance is an amazing read that will have you hot and bothered and in need of the next book STAT.

Rating:



My Thoughts on One More Chance:

Oh. My. Gosh. This book. This. Book. It reduced me into an emotional mess that was swooning one second, crying the next, then laughing and repeat. I could not put it down until I had read every word, and then I wanted more.

After the end of book one, I wanted to hit Grant with something, and I wanted to strangle Harlow too for not telling him her secret. One More Chance takes place two months after the end of Take a Chance where we find out something very shocking. I was pretty much gaping while reading the first three chapters, and then the water works started. I really couldn't help myself because it was so very heart-breaking. I was a sobbing mess until Grant entered the picture again, and then I was swooning at the same time as I was crying. A mess, I tell you.

Harlow's stubborn side took a front seat in this book. She didn't let anyone stand in her way or change her mind. She wanted what she wanted, and she was getting it. I loved this fact. While I knew she was strong from the first book, it was mostly focused on her insecurity. In this book however, her other side was shown very clearly and I found it very endearing and I loved it, even if it broke my heart at times.

And Grant. Where do I start? He wasn't kidding around anymore in this book. He didn't waver for one second in his determination to capture Harlow's heart and get her back. I loved that, really really loved it. It made for some very hot and heavy scenes and a lot of swoon-worthy moments. And heart-break. I think the word to sum up this book would be heartbreaking. My heart was torn right out of my chest and smashed to pieces. I couldn't even blink because I didn't want to miss one second of this book. I was reading as fast as I could to get to the end, even though I was so scared of how it might end, but I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. The surprises didn't end with the first chapters, nope. The biggest surprise perhaps is Nan. There was a whole chapter from her POV. I was like 'Whaaaat?' when I came across it, and then 'oh. em. gee. Poor girl' when I read it. I'm dying to get inside her head again and see where her life is going and if she will ever change.

I love this book even more than Take a Chance, and that's saying something since I absolutely adore the first book. It's swoony, heartbreaking and very hot. So read it people. Both of them!

Rating:


Teasers from One More Chance







About the Author:

New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of TWISTED PERFECTION, FALLEN TOO FAR, NEVER TOO FAR, JUST FOR NOW, WHILE IT LASTS, BECAUSE OF LOW, BREATHE, THE VINCENT BOYS, THE VINCENT BROTHERS, THE EXISTENCE TRILOGY.
Facebook | Twitter | Website






1 comment:

  1. Aaaawwwwwww <3
    I love this book!!!!!! Abbi Glines is one of my favorite authors...!
    Her books are published in german and i have them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete