Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book Review: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Opposition
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #5
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Publication: August 5th 2014 by Entangled Teen

Summary (Goodreads):

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.





My Thoughts:

The Lux series has been one of my favorite series since it first came out, and Obsidian, the first book, is one of my all time favorite books. I just love everything about this series, and it's one of the things that got me into reading and blogging and all that awesomeness. So reading the last book, is heartbreaking in so many ways. And scary. Very scary. I mean, I adore this series and every character in it, so I was scared of how it might end, who might die, if I was going to hate it or if it didn't live up to my expectations.

Opposition starts two days after Origin ends, and we all know the nerve-racking ending to that. It just about drove me crazy and the past months have been agonizing trying to guess what was going to happen and what the ending of Origin meant and what it held for the last book. Opposition clears all these worries from the first chapters, which started with a bang. Really. The action started, I think it was chapter two? And it didn't stop. In true Jennifer L. Armentrout style, I was scared, trembling and pretty much rocking in a corner until I read the last word. There was so much happening all the time it made it impossible to stop reading for one second. I started Opposition late at night while I was lying in bed, and I didn't stop until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I think I got three hours of sleep tops before I was reading the book again.

Without spoiling the book, all I can say is it's action-packed. And we get to see Hunter from Obsession! I was squealing as soon as it was hinted that he was going to be making an appearance, and when he finally did, I about died. Though I really wish we could have gotten more of him, I still savored every second he was there and I love what he did and how he worked together with Katy and Daemon and the rest of the gang.

And Daemon, where can I start? The things he did for Katy and his family are amazing and he's so protective and passionate I felt like I was falling in love with him again. And even with everything going on he's still the same Daemon we met in Obsidian, though he's less of a jerk and more of a swoony, hot and downright awesome guy. And did I mention hot? The whole book was hot. Seriously! Daemon and Katy were going at it every chance they got, not that I minded, because it was so very sexy and yummy and swoony! JLA certainly knows how to write sex in YA books.

But really, what I was most scared of while and before reading Opposition was saying goodbye. I've wanted to read the last book in this series since I read the first, but when the last book came out and I had it on my iPad, I didn't want to read it. I couldn't say goodbye to Daemon and Katy and Dee and Archer and Hunter and everybody else! It was so hard, but I had to read it. And I'm so very glad I did. Opposition was a very satisfying read and a great conclusion to a greater series. I know I'm going to be rereading the series sometime soon, and I'm really hoping for a spin off. There are so many characters I'd love to read about, like Lotho and Luc and I'd die of happiness if Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote their stories.

All in all, this series is one of the best YA books out there. I think everyone should read it, and if you haven't, then you should, especially when all the books are out and you won't have to wait for the next book or agonize over cliffhangers. So buy it people!

Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment