Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review: Mine by Katy Evans

Title: Mine
Author: Katy Evans
Series: Real #1
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Publication: November 5th 2013, by Gallery Books
Summary (Goodreads):
He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,imperfect, and real...
In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.
Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.




My Thoughts:

I read Real, the first book in the series when it first came out and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on Mine but I was so busy with school that I didn't get the chance to buy the book until last week and then I dived into it.

Mine picks up two months after Real ends and we follow Remy and Brooke and their life together after the sacrifices made in the first book. They are together and are not ready to leave each other for anything, until something unexpected leaves them in two different places, both of them fighting their own battles.

While I loved Real, I'd forgotten just how much I loved it and Remy. I was so busy with my studies I really didn't have much left of my brain to think about something else, but when I started reading Mine, I was reminded of everything I loved about Real and why I loved it.

Mine was as hot as Real and just as raw. I could hardly put it down, and when I had to, I was thinking of it. Remy's petting and scenting just drove me crazy. Honestly, that guy can drive me crazy by doing nothing and everything, he's just that hot. There's something captivating about his silent, strong yet vulnerable personality. It made my ovaries explode every time he was mentioned in the book.

Katy Evans' writing is so intense I was melting with every world and feeling every emotion Brooke was feeling. I was laughing, swooning and crying while reading Mine. The mental health topic, which isn't always portrayed in books, was tackled perfectly. It totally broke my heart because honestly, like so many people out there, I had little to no idea of the struggle some people went through, so watching it and reading about it this intensely opened my eyes to an illness millions of people lived with yet very little people knew about.

I didn't think I could love Remy and Brooke more than I did in Real, but Katy Evans proved me very wrong. I fell in love with both of them all over again and I couldn't get enough of their romance or of them together. I usually hate a couple after they get together because things tend to get cheesy and corny and I absolutely hate that. Remy and Brooke's romance can in no way be described as corny, cheesy or boring. It was hot, steamy, filled with emotion and downright amazing. I just loved them and their family and the things they did for each other. I also loved the secondary characters. I especially loved Melanie, she's so funny and bubbly and I can't wait to read her story!

To all the fans of REAL, you have to read Mine! It totally lived up to the first book and more! If you haven't picked this series yet, you totally should!


Rating:









1 comment:

  1. Gahh so many people love this series. Maybe one day I'll make time!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete