Sunday, August 3, 2014

Book Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover


 Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Atria Books
Publication Date: March 18th, 2013

Summary (Goodreads):
At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.
Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover, a passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance—and the enchanting music that inspires one young woman to put her life back together.
Includes a free original soundtrack by musician Griffin Peterson.





My Thoughts:

Have you ever heard of the saying "like dear caught in headlights"? Well, that was me while reading Maybe Someday. I knew a train was heading my way, I knew I was going to feel so much pain when it hit me and I knew I was going to cry, and I couldn't spare myself, I just had  to read it.

Colleen Hoover is turning me into a masochist, I swear.

Maybe Someday is told by dual POVs, following the life of Sydney, who upon breaking up with her boyfriend is left out on the streets without a place to live if she doesn't want to swallow her pride and move back in with her parents. Until Ridge comes in, the guy who lives across the street from her and the same guy she always listens to playing the guitar from her balcony. When she accepts his offer to stay at his place until she finds a place of her own, both of them aren't expecting the chemistry and feelings growing between them, not when Ridge is already in love with someone else.

Ahh, gosh the feels this book evoked in me. I just couldn't put it down and stop reading. I loved Sydney. She was this heartbroken girl who didn't want to give up or hurt anyone which in turn hurt her. There were moments where I wanted to just shake her and tell her "can't you see where this is going? You're just going to get hurt!" But I guess we're alike since I couldn't not read this book and save myself a lot of tears. Colleens writing made it impossible to look away from the screen of my iPad for even a second. She can make a book hilarious, make me laugh and swoon and fall in love with her characters and then turn the book into a heart-breaking story that smashes my heart to pieces and I can't help but cry and then cry some more.

I don't know what I really feel about Ridge. While reading the book I wanted to strangle him most of the time because of how much he hurt Sydney. If I hadn't been inside his head and feeling his emotions the turmoil he was going through I would have totally hated him, but I couldn't. Not when he was so loyal and protective and loving and wanted to do the right thing so much.

I wanted them to just stop resisting each other and follow their feelings, but it was really hard when I kind of loved Ridges girlfriend. She was so nice and sweet and her relationship with Ridge just made me swoon and love them both all the more. I felt really sorry for her even though I was rooting for Sydney.

This book is for every Colleen Hoover fan and for everyone who loves a love story that will have your heart beating fast,  make butterflies fly in your stomach and blurry the lines between right and wrong.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment